Large Green Papaya.
Easy Thai Green Papaya Salad
This easy Thai Green Papaya Salad is refreshing and crisp. The dressing combines spicy, sweet, salty, and sour flavors for perfect balance. Serve this salad alongside any Thai entrée, or make it a meal in itself.
PREP TIME15 minutes
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 Thai (bird’s eye) chilies
- ¼ cup plus 1 tablespoon roasted (unsalted) peanuts, roughly chopped
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 green papaya, peeled and juilienned
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 1 cup shredded purple cabbage
- Cilantro leaves, for garnish (optional)
- Mint leaves, for garnish (optional)
- Sliced red chiles, for garnish (optional)
In a blender or food processor, combine the garlic, chile(s), 2 tablespoons of the peanuts, lime juice, fish sauce, and sugar and process until smooth.
Place the papaya, carrot, and cabbage in a medium bowl. Pour the dressing over the top and toss to mix.
Serve immediately, topped with the remaining 3 tablespoons of peanuts and cilantro, mint, and sliced chiles, if using.